Pages

Wednesday, 11 January 2017

More than just survive

Here I am again! Sporadic blogger that I am! I do love January though for the inspiration it brings, to think about life, where we've been and where we're going. I enjoy the fresh start. 

Over Christmas we chose again to slow down and take some time to think and pray about what our priorities might be over the coming months. What might need to shift or change and what could stay the same. For me there's a few "resolutions" if you want to call it that, so I thought I'd share some in the hopes of maybe inspiring and encouraging some of you too :) 

Yesterday I was listening to a band I enjoy called Casting Crowns and the words of their song "Thrive" shouted at me so loud I had to listen to the song again and keep pausing it to write them down!...

We know that we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
It's time for us to more than just survive.
We were made to thrive.

Joy unspeakable 
Faith unsinkable
Love unstoppable
Anything is possible

So good! And such a challenge at the same time. As a busy mum, it's easy for me to slip into survival mode. To just make it through the day. But those words ring true to me "it's time for us to more than just survive"... "for so much more than ordinary lives"..."we were made to thrive!"

So if you feel like you're just in survival mode and wishing you could find a way to thrive. If you think joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable, love unstoppable sounds good... then stick around for the next few blog posts, (sign up to get them by email if you really don't want to miss any!) I'll be sharing my resolutions for the year ahead and maybe you'll be inspired to set some of your own.... or press on to keep those youve already started out on. 

Anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment