Pages

Sunday, 15 January 2017

Creative joys

Towards the end of 2015 I read a book called "The Fringe Hours" it's a book that I still think of and that still inspires me even though I haven't read it again since. It's impacted the way I think about creativity... and so my second goal for this year is 

**To make more time for my creative joys! (And I call them that because making and creating really is my happy place!)

I wrote about this back in 2015 after I'd finished reading that book, and I really can't put it any better, so here's some thoughts from that post:  


"She writes that we're all creative by nature whether we realise it or not, we've been made by a Creator God and made in His image, and so that made so much sense to me. The problem is that we spend so much of our time and our days consuming that we forget about the joy of creating. 

So I've purposed to organise myself and prioritise time for creativity above other things...What would those (creative) things be for you? It's the gifts and talents God has given you, the things that you get excited about or that make you feel fulfilled and satisfied. The things that bring you joy and others too. How amazing would it be if we all set aside some of the consuming to get creating instead? I think we'd live fuller, more interesting and satisfied lives and probably bless others in the process.


So that's my challenge, to create more and consume less... Screens, TV, social media... To make time for things that matter by filtering out the things that don't. To prioritise the fulfilling and side-step the time-wasting... "



To thrive. Not just survive!

Vk

No comments:

Post a Comment