Pages

Saturday, 12 January 2013

January Update

I just would like to thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers for us both.  God is faithful and we're excited that I have now been feeling pretty much fully better for the last 6 weeks or so!  I have to tell you the full story... so grab a cup of tea : )  This is an exciting one! ...

You might remember from my last update that my IV treatment was due to start this month.  Back at the end of November I had started to really feel sick all the time, and we began to think that maybe all the high dose antibiotics were taking their toll on my stomach.  After a week of not really eating much of anything I stopped taking them so that my body could have a rest.  I hadn't been experiencing any change in my symptoms until then and so we thought it couldn't hurt to stop for a while.  

In the meantime I'd started feeling a lot better in general, my energy seemed to be coming back and I was finally sleeping properly again.  The first time in a year!  I was though noticing a few other things and a week later we finally got to the bottom of all my stomach issues and "new symptoms"... I'm pregnant!!!

The shift in my immune system and hormones with being pregnant have sent all my symptoms into remission (apart from a few normal pregnancy ones... and... I'm not complaining!)  We know that God's hand is at work, because only about 18 months ago I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome, and with that came the probability that it could be difficult for me to get pregnant. 

We're amazed and blessed to see God's hand in all of this as He's choosing this miraculous way to make me better!  There's a lot of unknowns, but one thing we do know is that He is in control and definitely knows what He's doing.  We're confident that He's bringing this difficult chapter to a close and that we're stepping into another new and exciting journey with Him!  

1 comment: